The Revista Cubana de Fisica (RCF, Cuban Journal of Physics) is an open access journal (e-ISSN 2224-7939, p-ISSN 0253-9268) published by the Cuban Physical Society (SCF) and the School of Physics of the University of Havana (FF-UH) solely funded by its publishers (without charges to the authors). The arbitration is blind peer, including the collaboration of external reviewers outside the editorial team of the RCF, the SCF or the FF-UH.
Publication frequency and history
The RCF is a biannual journal. The 1st volume was published in 1981. Currently Vol. 35 (2018)
Despite Spanish is the main language, contributions in English are also welcomed.
Table of contents per number and average quantity of articles
Each number includes a table of content with the articles distributed into several sections as follow:
- Coordinates (1 article)
- Original Articles (5-20 articles)
- Review Articles (0-2 articles)
- Moments of the Cuban Physics (0-1 article)
- For Physicists and Non-Physicists (0-2 article)
- Our Physics in News (8-12 short news as a single article)
- Obituaries (0-2 article)
- Comments (0-2 comments)
Types of contributions accepted by the RCF
- Original Articles in two versions:
a. Regular Articles, with a maximum of 4000 words.
b. Short Articles/Communications, with a maximum of 1500 words. Differently to Regular Articles, the Short Articles have no Abstract in the printed version, and no sections. They should have a minimal amount of references and figures.
- Review Articles, with a maximum of 9000 words.
- Coordinates, with a maximum of 1500 words.
- Moments of Physics in Cuba, with a maximum of 4000 words.
- For Physicists and Non-Physicists, with a maximum of 4000 words.
Purposes and themes
The RCF is a journal focused in the fields of Physics. The original articles included in the journal are supposed to deal with the following subjects:
- General Physics: Statistical and Quantum Mechanics, etc.
- Gravitation and Astrophysics.
- Elementary Particles and Fields.
- Nuclear Physics.
- Atomic, Molecular and Optics Physics.
- Non-Linear Dynamics, Dynamics of Floids, etc.
- Plasma Physics and Light Beams.
- Condensed matter: Structure, Opto-Electronic Properties, etc.
- Complex Systems
- Interdisciplinary Physics: Biophysics, etc.
- Teaching of Physics.
Exceptionally, other contributions non-related with these subjects may be considered. However, in all cases the manuscripts should exhibit original results following the essentials of the so-called scientific method
The submission and evaluation of the material received by the RCF assumes that the authors know and accept the following conditions:
The authors give the copyright to the RCF under the license Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). This license allows to Copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and Adapt, remix, transform, and build upon the material, under the terms of Attribution (you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made) and NonCommercial (you may not use the material for commercial purposes).